Saturday, July 23, 2011

30 for 30 redux roundup!





















Is that a lot of me or is that a lot of me? It's like looking at myself through a kaleidoscope!

Well, this 30 for 30 around was quite a bit different than my first/previous 30 for 30. As I mentioned in this post, I didn't feel like my picks this time around were quite as remixable as my first set. This time around I superceded texture for pattern, and that ended up biting me in the tail. Part of the reason I did that is because generally, the more texture or fabric detail is on an item of clothing, the warmer it gets. And it's currently 102 here in Cardiganland so no thanks! (How am I wearing jeans right now? I mean really.)

Last time around, I felt like my 30 for 30 was pretty even. No incredible outfits but no crash and burns either. This summer 30 was filled with high highs and low lows--there were some outfits that worked so well I plan to wear them again, while some outfits were bad enough to put them clean out of their misery.

+/-

Couldn't live without: I'd be dumb to say my handmade skirt wasn't an awesome choice for my 30th piece. It works with just about every top I own, and I can't wait to start wearing tights with it. My nude wedges got a lot of air time (with reason--they're comfortable and have nice height) & despite the unbearable southern heat, my cardigans proved their worth.

Could do without: That red polka dotted top. I tried so hard to incorporate it but it just didn't work with any of my bottoms. Oh well. & I guess technically I should say my giant brown wedges because I only wore them three times, but every time I wear them they make the outfit rock. So whatever! I don't think I needed all three pairs of shorts either; a solid skirt would've been nice instead, or maybe an embellished top of some sort.

Great venues: 5, 14, 23, 29 & 30.

Not so great venues: 8, 10 & 12.

Highest highs: 11, 14, 15, 23, 28, 29 & 30.

Lowest lows: 10, 20, 21 & 24.

Best experience during 30 for 30: Going to Savannah with my best friend! That was awesome, even with the sunburn.

Worst experience during 30 for 30: That nasty stomach thing I had where I couldn't eat for a week. Yucksville.

No comments:

Post a Comment