Saturday, July 30, 2011

Learning experience



Feathers: craft store
Top: Old Navy
Pants: Old Navy
Shoes: Toms



Last night at curling my team won our first game so far! Yaaaaaaay! We are now 1-1-2 which leaves us at 5 of 6 teams. Awesome. You may think I'm joking but when I curled in my very first league, my team came in dead last and only won one game. There are two games left in this league so we really cannot possibly do worse than I did in my first league.



Fortunately the great thing about being dead last--or nearly last--in standings for anything is that no one ever expects to be up against a lot. And then you can sneak up on them and win and then oh snap, look who's no longer in last place! What up fool?! And at the end of the day what really matters is that you get to go broomstacking with people you like. And then sit in traffic for 20 minutes at 1am, because this is a learning experience and who knew it was possible to halt traffic on an interstate after midnight? You'll never be tested on this little known fact but you take solace knowing that you're just a little smarter for having sat motionless while willing yourself to forget that you have to pee. That's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment