Monday, August 22, 2011

Fielder's indifference



Top: JCPenney
Skirt: Gap
Wedges: Target



I'm going to let you in on a secret. A lot of my friends think I know a lot about sports. And I totally do! I know a ton about football (especially football), curling, equestrian, yoga, swimming, gymnastics, and most sports that only appear during the Olympics. But I can't stand baseball. I've been forced into a few Phillies or Red Sox games in the history of my life, and I readily admit that I wish I had not wasted those hours of my life watching a sport I so preparedly dislike.



I'm reading a book right now called The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach, which officially comes out next month but because I was lucky and went to BEA I got a signed advanced reader's copy! (The author is a really nice guy!) The Art of Fielding is about baseball, but it's about so much more--five people whose lives intersect and are altered from the course of one erroneous play. It's a book that, despite being about something I hate, so far I love. I won't recommend it YET but I can admit that 200 pages in I already have a deeper appreciation of baseball.

I mean, you won't catch me watching a game unless the Phils are in the World Series again, but at least I better grasp the art of baseball now. (I'll still take football any day though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment