Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Muddy walkers



Scarf: Target
Top: Target
Pants: JCPenney
Flats: Banana Republic



Working on a tip from approximately five years ago (I'm serious), I checked out one of many local churches, hoping there would be a swing set and no people around. Apparently there aren't any church parties that go down Tuesday afternoons because I had the place to myself and check out this amazing swing set! My neighbour was right. For once.



Like many milestones from my college career, my graduation was an anticlimactic event. There was much excitement (and dread) on my part, which quickly warped into annoyance when I watched the weather report and read emails from college administration warning of procedures for commencement "in the event of inclement weather". Usually, graduation at my college was held on the main campus circle, but rain threatened to move it inside, while family & friends would have a thrilling time watching in my half-packed apartment on closed circuit tv.



Fortunately the rain blew through overnight & graduation took place outside, but not without 50 degree temperatures and everyone's favourite material: mud. Lots of mud. Everyone walked the same path up to the stage to receive their diplomas, and the walkway wasn't reinforced, and by the time I (with about 200 people going ahead of me) took the great walk myself, the walk was glistening with mud. I was, by the way, wearing these shoes. And there was mud on the outside, mud on the inside, and mud on my pants. It was awful, and my feet needed to thaw after the ceremony was over. Fortunately I have a smart mother who was like "let's hose these off!" and they were good as new. And I got a diploma that day, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment