Monday, March 5, 2012

Technicolour dreamboat











Scarf: JCPenney | Top: Urban Outfitters | Skirt: Target | Tights: We Love Colors | Wedges: Target | Lips: Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick Love That Pink | Nails: butter London Dosh | Tattoo: yes it is

K. and I are back with another installation of What We Wore! We're only a bit ridiculous.
I want to thank everyone who left comments of support on Saturday. I hate whining and I hate when weeks pile up like that, so I wasn't a fan of dumping about it on my blog, though it is my blog, after all. I try to keep AC as positive as I can, but it's certainly not the easiest. I'm happy to say that things are turning around--I got my tattoo (a post specifically about that is forthcoming!), I had a great trip to Asheville with my friend S., and I'm going to Ohio (?!) this weekend for a bonspiel. So life is looking up a bit.

Also, below is this week's inspiration for Style Imitating Art. So, so excited for this one!


Christina's World by Andrew Wyeth
1948, tempera on gesso panel

The Wyeth family is near and dear to my heart; I was exposed to the Brandywine School from a young age because I grew up not far from Chadds Ford, and I love the stippling and use of line rather than blending as shade. Christina's World is a really iconic painting, and I'm so looking forward to it. Our outfits will go up next Monday, and if you're interested in participating, you can email me your look too. It'll be fun, I swear.
I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment