Monday, April 2, 2012

Heels down, helmet straight







Necklace: Forever 21 | Dress as top: Banana Republic | Skirt: JCPenney | Wedges: Payless | Lips: Maybelline ColorSensational Are You Red-dy

On this day 14 years ago, I had my very first English riding lesson. I rode a pony named Mister Chips (Chips for short) and I learned the basics of holding reins, weight in my heels, and the concept of posting. I know all this because I still have my diary from that time, and my entry was a whole page long. I guess that was a sign that I had a good time! I've done so many things since that first lesson--many shows, ribbons, jumps, horses, hairnets, falls later, and I'm still a giddy little girl when Indy trots a straight line or, in college, when I survived a course. Hopefully, another 14 years (or more) are on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment