Monday, May 7, 2012

Style Imitating Art: Bigger Trees Near Warter by David Hockney



It's Style Imitating Art time! This week's inspiration was the massive Bigger Trees Near Warter by David Hockney. Here we go!





Vivienne of Thrifted Shift sent in two outfits for the painting. She said I could cut one but I love them both, and together they're awesome and a perfect representation of the art!





First of all, Pat's new to SIA so a warm welcome to her! Second, is this not brilliant? She made the painting her backdrop. So creative. I absolutely love it.



And my always lovely co-creator, Salazar, who is moving halfway across the planet this week. I hope you have the easiest travels, Salazar! (And I hope you're pattern-mixing all the way there!)



Shirt: Target | Belt: JCPenney | Skirt: Kohl's | Sandals: Ross | Cat (below): Hera

Lastly, here is my blurry self, regretting accidentally leaving the receiver for my remote on all night. :( Oh well, you get the point of the outfit. Everyone did a great job this week! Thank you all for participating!



No comments:

Post a Comment