Sunday, July 15, 2012

30x30 v.3 roundup





















SO MUCH ME. I say that every time, but it's always true!

This 30x30 was a little different from my previous attempts, because shoes weren't included. I didn't entirely realise how much extra leeway having an additional 5-6 pieces of clothing would give me, but you'll note that there are a few pieces that I only wore once! I also, for whatever reason, seemed to have a hard time really remixing this time around. Maybe because I wasn't forced to as much, or because it was so damn hot that I could barely wear clothing at all.

I did a lot of swapping this time around, because I had planned for somewhat normal heat here in Cardiganland put temperatures arced well into the 100s for over a week of my 30x30, and my original picks weren't primed for that. If I wore it once, though, it stayed in--which is why the tan sweater remains as part of the final set, while a couple of cardigans and a skirt were seen in the original list but not in this wrap-up.

I really enjoyed doing this challenge with bloggers I know. When Kendi runs 30x30, there's usually a ton of bloggers from throughout the style blogopsphere taking part, which on one hand is great because it introduces us all to new blogs and bloggers. At the same time, though, there can be less of a support group (especially since I did the first two without really knowing many bloggers) for those who want it. Since Dani and I coordinated the whole thing, I knew I'd have at least one buddy riding the wave with me. And then Salazar, Mara and my college roommate (!!!) took part, which was super exciting. For some reason, it's way more fun to watch people you know and bloggers you follow complete the challenge than total strangers.

+/-

Favourite outfits
8, 10, 11, 15, 21, 26 & 29.

Least favourite outfits
1, 12, & 30.

Couldn't live without
The red patterned skirt and anchor cardigan did a lot of work, especially with the cardigan being a swapped item late in the game. My green skirt, as always, was a winner. And, well. Dresses, always dresses. There is nothing better than rolling out of bed, putting on a dress and walking out the door. I can't wait to wear some of this stuff in the winter with tights!

Could do without
That polka dot top from #12 might be going in the donation bin. I thought it looked cute on me, but seeing the picture...well, no. Not working for me. & the tan sweater got work only once, maybe because a sweater is not a good idea in the 95 degree heat. Also: only one pair of jeans was necessary. Though if we had included shoes, I would have probably cut a pair of jeans, a skirt and a cardigan to allow for shoes, in addition to probably the red v-neck top and polka dot top.

Great venues
10 & 20 (you guys were so impressed I took an outfit picture in Walmart!)

Not so great venues
I got really lazy toward the end and stuck pretty much entirely to the deck. Part of it is because I'm having back problems and I'm having a tough time lugging shit around (or standing after sitting...), and part of it is because I was doing two outfits a day at the end, and part of it really is because I'm lazy. Hoping to get off the deck soon, and I should be able to when I have a little more time in my days (aka not school--I'm off for most of August!).

Best experience during 30x30
When E. came to visit! Love that gal. Hanging onto my 4.0 GPA was also a pretty nice highlight.

Worst experience during 30x30
Well, now that I've mentioned it: hurting my back. I don't know what happened or how it happened, but I have an appointment with my orthopedist and hopefully some questions will be answered and some concerns (all mine) will dissipate. I'll go into my back a little more in the coming week, but for now...well, just keep your fingers crossed for me!

So that's that. I have a post that will be up tomorrow morning that lists all of my 30x30 breaks and why I broke the fashion fast, and tomorrow night will be my SIA post (remember to send me your shots influenced by this painting!), and then on Tuesday...back to normal, I guess! I am half happy, half ashamed to admit that I bought quite a bit of clothing over 30x30 and I'm in the process of cleaning out my closet and getting rid of (donating to K./Goodwill, trashing really rough looking stuff) what I no longer wear. It's rough work, but somebody's gotta do it! See you tomorrow (hopefully out in public instead of on my deck?) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment