Thursday, August 1, 2013

Guest post: What to wear to Summerfest

Hey y'all! I'm on vacation, so I've asked some lovely ladies to babysit the ol' AC while I'm gone. Rebekah is awesome, so show her the red carpet, will you?

Hello, Animated Cardigan readers! My name is Rebekah of the blog From the Mixed-up Files, and I'm so excited to be guest posting for Jess while she is on vacation. I'd like to cover a topic near and dear to both of our hearts - concert attire. Summerfest, the world's largest musical festival, just wrapped up in Milwaukee, and I convinced my friend Erin to take some pictures of her outfits so that we could both show you what we chose to wear during each of our visits to the fest. I also came up with some Dos and Don'ts for dressing for Summerfest, which you can find below the pictures.

What I wore:







What Erin wore:











Do:

● Check the weather. Normally around this time of year, it's hot, and the idea is to wear as little as possible. But the forecast during the first few days of the fest called for rain and cool temps, which made rain jackets or disposable ponchos and sweatshirts necessities.
● Pack light. A small-to-medium cross-body bag is great so that you're hands free. All you really need is money, tickets, your ID, phone, and possibly sunscreen. Our bag check was only $2, which was handy when we didn't want to carry around a blanket and outerwear all day.
● Wear comfortable shoes. Cute sandals, sneakers, or even boots if you're so inclined are ideal. I'll even give flip flops a pass here. It's Summerfest - fashion-wise, it's the next step up from the beach.
● Dress comfortably in general. Breathable fabric is good. Sequins and other embellishments can sometimes be scratchy on your skin, so consider that, too.
● Wear something than can be easily washed, and do expect that someone will spill beer on you. I spilled something every day I was there, and I wasn't even drunk.

Don't:

● Wear heels or any shoes that will give you blisters. You're going to have to walk a lot, and stilettos in this setting just make you look like you're trying too hard. If you really need Jordan Knight of NKOTB to see you in heels, I suppose you could stash them in your purse and change into them right before the show. But that's a big IF.
● Wear the T-shirt of the band you're going to see if you're an adult. Kids, go for it. It's cute then. But feel free to wear a different band's T-shirt; that's fine.
● Wear leggings as pants. Leggings are comfortable; they are great for adding warmth and modesty (see how Erin wore them above); but they are not pants.

Or, you could ignore me completely and wear this.



Thanks for having me, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment