Monday, March 17, 2014

SIA: PSA





Flamingo, by Alexander Calder
Painted steel, 1973

I have been sick as a dog for the last week and a half. Outfit posts will resume as soon as I can stand for a 20 minute length of time.

Jen has made the best pick ever. We all know that I have a warm love for Alexander Calder, and I have greatly enjoyed the time I have spent in Chicago, a city with a great support system for public art. So the combination--a giant stabile in front of the Federal Building in the Loop--makes me very happy, and I'm thrilled to see it appear on SIA. Calder was a true revolutionary and is credited with the creation of the first real stabiles and mobiles, and his designs have been heralded (and sometimes replicated) all around the world.

Please oh please submit your photos for this SIA to Jen by Monday, March 24th! I had that I didn't get to take part last week (sorry Salazar!) but I'm so excited for this one and hoping I'm healthy enough to take part. Go forth and SIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment