Tuesday, July 22, 2014

SIA: PSA



Pot of Geraniums, by Henri Matisse
Oil on linen, 1912

When I was a little kid, we had a very small yard. It was probably about 30 feet by 30 feet, if that means any. It was a postage stamp yard, surrounded on all four sides by buildings, and was lined by shallow gardens on three sides. My mom was (is still!) a big geranium fan, and she planted them every spring (they're annuals) in the gardens and in pots lining the steps that led up to the first floor of the house. And every summer, just before they began to bloom, I would pull off the buds and use them as pretend lipstick.

I don't think my mom ever figured out why some of her geraniums only bloomed half as much as the rest.

Submit your outfits inspired by this week's artwork to Jen at Librarian for Life and Style by Monday, July 28th to be included in the upcoming roundup!

No comments:

Post a Comment