Monday, August 11, 2014

Style Imitating Art: Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May



It's Style Imitating Art time already! As a reminder, the inspiration was Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May by John William Waterhouse. Beautiful. Let's take a look at the submissions!

First is Stephanie (who has no blog--everyone's welcome to join in on SIA!), who has a guest post appearing on Jen's blog soon! I kinda hope the scarf is a part of it, because it's adorable. I think I've been inspired to try tying a scarf around my neck the way she did!



Erin at Loop Looks always looks super classy. I wish I looked that classy. The blazer/pencil skirt combo is epic. She makes me wish I had a blazer/weather where wearing a blazer wouldn't immediately give me heat stroke!



Kezzie at KezzieAG looks amazing. She nailed the colour of the subject's dress on the head! And I love the flower crown--Kezzie's mom suggested wearing it on her head. More proof that moms know what's up. Also, Kezzie got married a year ago! Congrats, K!



I want to print this photo of Isabella (at Adventures in HEL) and hang it on my wall. Isn't it beautiful?



Grace at Living with Aholts surprised me, because I was scrolling through her blog post like "nice, nice" and then I got to the shoes and I was like "DAAAAAYYYYUUUUUMMMM". I'm not joking.



Jen of Librarian for Life and Style looks like a freakin' Gap model (and I mean that in a good way!). I love the tunic she's wearing, and combined with her hair, she looks brilliant.



My SIA co-creator Salazar of 14 Shades of Grey is a little disappointed with her outfit: the proportions are off. And I can see it--maybe if the shorts were a few inches shorter--but she still looks totally adorbs.



Aaaaand here's me. I'm really happy with this outfit!



Thank you all for taking part! I'm glad everyone embraced the inspiration--I was a little nervous about it, but clearly I had nothing to worry about, because y'all look splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment