Sunday, April 12, 2015

The master









Top: J.Crew Factory | Skirt: J.Crew Factory | Wedges: Payless

One of my main, constantly repeating memories of my grandfather is from Saturday and Sunday afternoons during the summer when I was a kid. My grandfather--Pop Pop--absolutely loved golf. And despite living a five minute walk from the ocean, he committed his weekends to watching golf in his recliner. I can remember coming back from a long day at the beach and taking a shower either in the one bathroom in the house or outside under the outdoor shower, and getting changed and then coming to watch golf with him in the living room while I ate either Goldfish or cottage cheese. I don't know why this is so memorable to me; it's a tiny memory of my grandfather, compared to the things he did while I was alive. But every time The Masters rolls around and golf begins in earnest, I'm reminded of Pop Pop and his blue recliner and the taste of salt water and even saltier Goldfish.

And I'm quite thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment